"THEN Jesus was led by the spirit into the desert, to be tempted by the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he was hungry. And the tempter coming said to him: If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Who answered and said: It is written, Not in bread alone doth man live, but in every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God." Matthew 4:1-4

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Peace be the Journey Roadschool Blog

I had this blog and never really kept it up. I loved the name and the idea, but perhaps I needed to be nailed down to something less nebulous than just every single thing that happens in our days on the road. Bread is more focused and it's real.
I can only keep up with this blog and this one - which I don't do as regularly as I ought.

This was my first and only post on that blog. I do hope to do better this time:

One of our favorite movies is Cool Runnings, an old Disney flick starring John Candy and Doug E Doug about a Jamaican bobsled team. When the team is shown their "new" sled, the guys immediately decide to name it. They consider "Tallulah" which is what we have named our RV. After discarding Tallulah, they decide on "Cool Runnings," which they interpreted as "peace be the journey."
We liked it. We always have.
Even though our lives haven't always been peaceful, we still pursue it as the Psalm instructs. As the children grow up and we become older and more accustomed to the twists and turns that come unplanned, we find that peace is still often elusive, but less often than it was when we were pursuing more worldly things. When we thought *we* had control over our lives, peace fled.



"Turn away from evil and do good: seek after peace and pursue it." Psalm 34:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome! The most important bread is the Bread of Life. I am Catholic and do my best to know, understand and live what that means that I might "know Him, love Him and serve Him." My husband, Bud, and I have been married for 24 years and we have seven children. Because of his job, we travel the country in an RV with five of them, learning as we go.