"THEN Jesus was led by the spirit into the desert, to be tempted by the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he was hungry. And the tempter coming said to him: If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Who answered and said: It is written, Not in bread alone doth man live, but in every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God." Matthew 4:1-4

Monday, February 14, 2011

Read a book, Give a book, No cost to you

I got an email from a friend about a really interesting literacy program from Penguin Books.
It's pretty simple: you read a childrens book online, Penguin Books donates a book to children in Harlem, Asia or Africa. Very cool.
Here's where ya go for the details http://www.wegivebooks.org/ 
There are a lot of picture books, so grab a small child and read him/her a book. Right there online. Six different Skippy John Jones books! I know what Dom and I will be doing today. We love Skippy John!

1 comment:

About Me

Welcome! The most important bread is the Bread of Life. I am Catholic and do my best to know, understand and live what that means that I might "know Him, love Him and serve Him." My husband, Bud, and I have been married for 24 years and we have seven children. Because of his job, we travel the country in an RV with five of them, learning as we go.